The year 2016 has come and gone and we are better because of it. It was a year of growth and impact for M.A.D.E. as we expanded into new service events such as hosting “Friendship Day” at the WOW Center and collecting sock donations for the Lotus House of Miami. It was also a year of new beginnings as we launched monthly Camp Rallies after Custom Made Youth Camp in September. Camp Rallies give us the opportunity to get together with everyone from camp, continue fostering the friendships that began there, and take a moment to remember what God did in our lives at camp.
Here are a few more highlights of what happened in M.A.D.E. throughout 2016:
- The official launch of the “Elders Council” which allows youth to be part of the ideas and planning for M.A.D.E.
- 65% of camp was completely sponsored by individuals and businesses.
- We had 351 hours of M.A.D.E. activities which include service events, capacitation classes, and camp rallies.
- We started off the year at Feed My Starving Children South Florida Mega Pack event, taking 118 volunteers from ages 5 and up. Our session helped pack 484,712 meals for starving children worldwide.
- We launched the “Serving Socks” campaign during camp, so that we may be able to both give and receive during camp weekend.
- We hosted 11 service event opportunities throughout the year for children and youth to make a difference in their community.
- Custom Made Youth Camp was our longest camp yet, being 4 days and 3 nights long! We had involvement from six different churches in Miami- Dade County.
Because of your willingness to make a difference, we impacted 516, 730 people world-wide!
As we look forward into 2017, we cannot wait to see the new ways that we will be able to serve and love on others. With God as our guide and with obedient hearts, we move forward with our vision of building up a generation of difference makers, knowing that quality is more important than quantity, and that every single member can change the world with the love of Christ.
Know that your support has made all the difference and we could not have done it without you! We know that 2017, which will mark 5 years of making a difference, will be the best year yet! We hope that you continue supporting, contributing, and most importantly, making a difference.
Making a difference everyday,
Ester and Ale